2020 Rental/Concession Hours
June 4 - September 7:
- Thursday-Friday 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday-Sunday 12:00pm-7:00pm
Address: 1550 Mosher Drive, Owatonna, MN 55060
Beginning June 4th and ending September 7th the Lake Kohlmier beach will be open Thursday through Sunday for Aquatic and Trail equipment rentals as well as Concessions. Lake Kohlmier will be stocked with Adult, Child and Infant sized lifejackets which are included and required with each aquatic rental. If you have your own Coast Guard Approved Life Jacket it is recommended that you bring your own during the 2020 season. The beach is open daily and ropes are placed to indicate swim areas. There are no lifeguards on duty - individuals will swim according to beach rules and at their own risk.
We have implemented the following safety protocols to protect our patrons as well as our staff:
- Check the Lake Kohlmier website to keep updated on current guidelines, these guidelines will be fluid and could change at any time.
- No patron is allowed to enter the boat house unless for use of the restrooms. Staff will interact with you outside the building or through the concessions window.
- Practice safe social distancing (6 feet apart) at all times. There will be cones placed to identify the 6 feet separation when waiting in line by the boathouse.
- We recommend bringing/using your own coast guard approved life jacket, however if you do not have one we will provide one for you.
- Equipment rentals can be made in person or over the phone. Rentals over the phone are preferred.
- Lake Kohlmier will accept check and credit card payments. Credit Card payments over the phone are preferred.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your rental time.
- Only immediate family members are allowed to be in/on the same piece of equipment.
- It is recommended that patrons wear masks when interacting with staff.
- All equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- Do not share paddles, lifejackets or helmets.
Please do your part to ensure you’re following the rules set forth by Governor Walz, CDC and the Lake Kohlmier COVID-19 safety protocols.
Rental Punch Cards
Punch cards can be purchased at the Parks and Recreation Office, online or at Lake Kohlmier Concessions area. All 1 - hour rentals will be 1 punch per piece of equipment.
10 punch $40 ($4 per punch)
20 punch $70 ($3.50 per punch)
|Aquatic Equipment||Rental Rate||Rental Duration|
|Single Kayak||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Double Kayak||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Canoe||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Paddle Board||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Paddle Boat||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Hydro Bike||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Trail Equipment||Rental Rate||Rental Duration|
|Tandem Bike||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Electric Assist Trike||$6.00||1 - Hour|
|Trail-A-Bike||$6.00||1 - Hour|